Purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, and services following established procedures to support the operation of the comapny.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Strategic Sourcing Leader and other departments to determine commodity needs and delivery schedules.
- Reviews needs and selects suppliers from established supplier base
- Follows up on acknowledgements, back orders, expedites delivery of orders, administers product returns, makes special arrangements for deliveries and communicates to department expected delivery date
- Participates in the evaluation and feedback of vendor performance
- Communicates in a professional manner with internal customers, external customers and suppliers in the execution of duties.
- Visually inspects requisitions and vouchers. Completes purchase orders. Processes requisitions for supplies, researches products, clarifies specifications and documents competitive bidding.
- Ensures all order information is updated and accurate.
- Handles issues within scope and refers more complex issues to leader
- Achieves cost reduction whenever possible and reports on results
- Tracks supplier performance and communicates to supplier
- Participates and/or leads special projects or special duties as assigned.
- Maintains accurate files of pertinent data.
- A High School diploma and minimum of four years relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Negotiation Skills
- Mapics or other operating systems experience.
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for occasional operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Travel by air or car occasionally
We have a team focused, people-centric work environment with competitive salary and immediate benefits. To be considered for this position, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and place “Buyer” in the subject line.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Thiele Technologies/Hudson-Sharp Machine Company, a division of Barry-Wehmiller, is located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We specialize in the design, build, and dedicated support of plastic bag making machinery. We currently have a job opening for a Field Service Technician based in Green Bay. This position is responsible for:
- Installing machines, troubleshooting, performing repairs/modifications to the mechanical, pneumatic, electrical or servo system of the equipment at customer sites
- Conducting operator/maintenance training for customers or staff on safety, proper operation, process control, sealing, bag development and preventative maintenance of the equipment
- As directed, provides remote technical support to customers (phone/modem) as needed.
Qualified candidates will have a technical degree in electro-mechanical technology and a minimum of 3 years related experience, proven mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical skills, experience in PLC programming using Rockwell RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 and servo drive technology, an understanding of material handling practices, demonstrated customer service, teamwork, communication skills, and basic computer skills using Microsoft Office. Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to obtain and maintain a passport and be able to travel 80% by car and plane, domestically and internationally.
We have a team focused, people-centric work environment with competitive salary and immediate benefits. To be considered for this position, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and place “Field Service Technician” in the subject line.
- Assemble mechanical and/or electrical components according to prints or sketches, and construct, rebuild and repair special machines and equipment
- Square, level, and tram assemblies to exacting tolerances
- Understand machine functions and design concepts
- Use English units or metric systems of measurement
- Complete set-up on any new or used equipment to ensure that equipment meets contract specifications and customer expectation.
- Technical degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or a related field
- One year related experience
- Ability to assemble both mechanical and electrical components according to prints or sketches
- Experience related to mechanical and/or electrical assebly of industrial machinery, or building large, high speed, precision machines is a plus.
We have a team focused, people-centric work environment with competitive salary and immediate benefits.
To be considered for this position, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and place "Electro-Mechanical Position" in the subject line.